If you’re starting off, you might not need to print hundreds of order receipts in a day. For startups, the target market is small and uncertain, and the scope of your business is narrow.
Investing in high-grade commercial printers demands a big sum of money that may offer a significant trade-off. You need to evaluate your printing requirements and budget before you shop for a printing device.
Here are some pointers to consider before you buy a printer.
Large-scale businesses require heavy-duty laser printers and commercial copiers to fulfill their daily quota. But small businesses don’t need an exclusive machine for faxing, copying, scanning, and printing. A multifunction printer with all-in-one features will suffice. Here are the pros and cons:
A multifunction printer saves time and space by combining the functions of multiple machines into one. You may have to pay a larger amount upfront for a multifunction printer than an ordinary one, but it saves money if you add up ink refills, toners, and maintenance costs. They also offer greater speed and efficiency in getting the job done.
Once your business and workforce start growing, you’ll need multiple machines or individual devices to manage the workload. One printer is at risk of getting malfunctioning if too many people are using it. If it breaks down, it can increase downtime and your business may incur significant losses.
If you need to achieve both quality and quantity with one printer, a laser machine is the answer. It can manage day-to-day printing commands without buckling under pressure, handling a large volume of printouts without compromising quality. They’re great for printing graphics and diagrams for presentations and meetings. Let’s look at the pros and cons:
Laser printers minimize time with a speedy service. The print quality is sharp and professional, without any low-quality deformities. The ink refills are inexpensive and compensate for the high price. One laser cartridge yields a greater number of printouts than an inkjet printer.
Laser printers require a significant initial investment. You have to be particular about the paper quality and size you use because they have a recommended paper type. It’s not an appropriate machine for photo printing, so you might have to invest in a photo printer separately if need be.
Do you need to buy reliable commercial laser printers for your business? We provide a wide range of office hardware solutions, including laser printers and copiers in Colorado Springs.
You may think you only need a computer and a printer to fulfill commercial printing requirements. But you won’t know the need for a print management software until you use one.
It delivers the promise it makes and offers cost-reductive benefits to businesses. You won’t have to pay extra to track and allocate print commands and enhance productivity through a streamlined printing process.
The print management software program can help boost the workforce’s productivity by eliminating inefficiencies. Software solutions can integrate various office machines—copiers, laser printers, and color printers—and digitize the system.
If you want to create an encrypted printing environment that protects accessibility to confidential documents, MyQ is the software to go with. It scans and verifies the user with a PIN code before granting the command.
It records each printed document’s time and date, enabling you to check the records if you suspect unauthorized activity.
This protects high-priority intellectual property and also improves the efficiency and accuracy of printed documents. Users can connect with any available printer and minimize time delays.
Businesses can also keep tabs on the monthly printing expenses and monitor any fluctuations that exceed your budget.
This print management software limits access to authorized cardholders. You only need to swipe a card to allow access-only scanning, faxing, and printing.
It allows users to transfer files and printing documents to more than one remote location. However, each recipient must also confirm their identity before the software authorizes them to print.
This software has a unique feature of 22 distinct languages; this is an attraction for multinational businesses that have multilingual consumers.
The reporting tool allows managers to keep track of print history in all primary and secondary offices.
If you need to enforce strict compliance for company rules and authorized documentation, Net Manager is ideal for that.
Administrators will get alerts every time an unauthorized user attempts to access or print confidential documents. It protects data through PIN codes and ID verification. This minimizes the risk of data theft.
It also enables companies to go green through an in-built paper-saving feature. This not just saves your money but also preserves the environment.
With cloud-based data backup, you can access, scan, or transfer files anytime, anywhere.
Do you need better software solutions for print management?
We offer print management software such as MyQ, Papercut, Net Manager, and PRISM to Colorado Springs businesses.
A document management system is an automated solution to all your manual filing and documentation needs.
Isn’t it a hassle to punch holes in a thick bunch of papers, file them in ring binders, and stack them on shelves? Doesn’t it take long to find important documents amid a huge pile of files stacked on top of one another? It’s time to improve our ways and upgrade to software solutions.
A document management software allows for better organization, security, digitization, tagging, and completion of business documents. Your data is synced with the cloud, so there’s always a digital copy of any document that’s accidentally lost or corrupted.
By saving all your documents, research material, proposals, and drafts on the cloud, you have the freedom to access them anywhere and at anytime.
Whether you’re on a long flight before a business meeting or at home when you’re working remotely, all you need are the credentials and internet to access the documents. This saves you from the trouble of being glued to your computer at work for hours on end.
You can leave bulky office material at your desk even if you want to work from home. It’s all on the cloud, so it’s always a few clicks away!
Document management software is in-built on a consumer-driven technology that has a strong foothold in mid-sized businesses. Cloud-based management allows companies to track, record, collaborate on, and access files at their convenience. You can manage all the features from the in-built web portal and transfer large files quickly through smartphones, tablets, or laptops.
This has significantly assisted healthcare clinics, IT managers, and emergency services that need to be available round the clock.
Every business nowadays requires a Software-as-a-Service. SaaS’s software integration features allow better document management, efficient collaborations, seamless communication, and much more. That’s why Microsoft Office 365 and Google’s G-Suite are the top choices of small to mid-scale businesses.
Don’t you need a software solution for making spreadsheets for meetings, saving data on the cloud, allowing video conferencing with remote workers, and staying on top of your emails for a minimal cost?
That’s precisely why you need SaaS software solutions. Here are some reasons why it’s necessary for commercial business needs.
By upgrading to SaaS, you’re essentially cutting down upfront installation costs, maintenance expenses, and pricey upgrades. You no longer need expensive hardware upgrades to make it work; SaaS applications can manage all that and more for a low price.
The pay-as-you-go pricing model also allows you to pay only for the services you need. There are no miscellaneous costs that will add up to your bill and there’s no need to pay for unused licenses, either. You can avail a high-powered software for all commercial business needs.
You don’t have to waste time recovering accidentally deleted documents or fretting over lost ones. There’s no need to worry about setting up a video call with your seniors and supervisors and troubleshooting glitches in it. And you don’t have to file documents manually when everything can be safely secured on the cloud.
With the pay-as-you-go model, you have the flexibility to manage the services you require at any given time. You can browse through all the options and change your usage plan if need be. There’s no need to provide a notice in advance. You simply need a strong internet connection to access the software from any location if you’ve subscribed to it.
Outdated software solutions are no longer compatible with new technology available to you. Updating them can consume a lot of time and money (which new businesses may not have.) A different version of the same software on other desktops can create compatibility issues and change the format of important documents.
With SaaS, your employees only need to punch in the credentials and use the standard version from any device.
Do you need better software solutions to fulfill your business requirements? We offer the SaaS applications that enhance data backup and recovery and allow unified communication for Colorado Springs businesses.
A malfunctioning copier machine can cause unnecessary delays and inconvenience employees at a workplace. You may need an essential document for a meeting or have to print some reports to show to your boss. But if the copier refuses to work, you can do nothing but fret over it.
You may laugh all you want at the comic copier problems in the movie Office Space, but there’s not much humor when it actually happens.
But you can plan ahead and prevent that by knowing potential problems that happen with commercial copiers. Let’s look at some of those.
This is by far the most prevalent problem in offices. Before you do anything, resist the urge to wrestle with the machine to get the paper out. It could break the machine or cause significant hardware damage.
Note the way the paper is loaded into the machine. If you’re doing that wrong, paper jams are bound to happen. Make sure you’re choosing the right size of paper for the copier; inserting the wrong size in an improper alignment can also cause it to get jammed.
Paper dust is another reason why copier trouble may occur. Clean the feed tires periodically and vacuum the copier to extract the dust buildup.
Such an unsightly appearance is not fit to be submitted to your superiors, and you have to re-do the print to get the perfect copy. This wastes company resources and time.
You might need to check the scanner glass for dirt or other pollutants. The developer unit or drum-blade may also be malfunctioning to cause this. You might need to avail the warranty of your copier or consult a technician to fix the problem.
If your cartridge is low and needs a refill or replacement, do it ASAP. Don’t delay it because that may lead to cartridge or toner issues. If you’re about to replace your toner, make sure the new one is compatible with your machine, otherwise, the print quality will suffer. This may not seem like a big problem, but it can affect the quality of work that goes under your name and determines your performance at work.
Axis Business Technologies is proud to have been serving the Pikes Peak Region for over 40 years, and we are proud to be the leading provider for modern, proactive, and effective business technology in Colorado Springs. From copiers & printers, to document management software solutions and paperless business consulting, servers & computers, network equipment, digital signage & video walls, AV conference room solutions, VoIP systems, software solutions, we really are your best choice for any of your businesses technology needs! Axis Business Technologies is proud to assist businesses of all sizes increase efficiency & productivity in their workplace, as well as maximize profits by increasing revenue and decreasing costs. I have seen many local companies make the transition to online and digital workflows, especially when it comes to using, sharing, and distributing documents. This transition into a “paperless” workplace has helped businesses reduce their costs and improve internal communication. When you can simply create and share a document—a training video, a financial record, a patient request—over the internet, it opens up a world of possibilities when it comes to the workflow of your business. While I not only provide systems and operations that help my clients go paperless, I happily provide education and information for my clients that can help simplify their business operations. One of the platforms that many of my clients use is a cloud-based, Google developed product called G Suite. G Suite helps businesses of all sizes with computing, productivity, collaboration, and more by offering an online document-based system. As your business technology leader, I want to share with you 5 ways that G Suite can help your business so that you can be more productive.
1. Work on Office files within G Suite Microsoft Office is the default productivity program for most companies due to its user-ability and price point. Early adopters of G Suite know that historically the only way to incorporate the use of Office files was to open the document in the Google program (Sheets, Docs, or Slides), save it as an Office file and then send it back to the client. This has always been a rather arduous process that was a major drawback of G Suite. Fortunately, Google is constantly adapting to user needs and understood the need to merge the functions of the two powerful platforms. Users are now able to incorporate MS Office files from Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint into G Suite. Users can also utilize the special features Google has created, and seamlessly save the file back to a Microsoft file before delivering it to clients. This new feature is designed to significantly improve user efficiency that can significantly improve the workflows of Colorado Springs businesses.
2. Create, Save, and Share Files with G Suite At Axis Business Technologies, I’ve coached local companies through various cloud-based storage solutions, but there are a couple that have proven to be effective throughout many years: Dropbox and Google Drive. Both cloud storage systems provide backup storage, sync files across platforms, and allow for easy sharing abilities. Historically, the two have competed for the attention of various companies by fighting for speed, security, ease of use, pricing and more (https://zapier.com/blog/dropbox-vs-google-drive/), but a new partnership brings the two powerhouse programs together. Both companies took to listening to public requests, and they have finally integrated in order to improve efficiency and productivity. Dropbox recognized that over 50% of their customers have G Suite accounts and working within both programs was ultimately causing more frustrating to companies, as often clients require storage and file sharing in either G Suite or Dropbox. (https://techcrunch.com/2018/03/01/dropbox-to-add-native-g-suite-integration-in-new- partnership-with-google/) In order to meet client needs, companies craved the ability to store and work with G Suite documents in Dropbox which is exactly what the partnership aims to provide.
3. Google Calendar is now easier to use I recognize that not only are I in a constantly evolving world, but my world is continuously improving ways to communicate and collaborate. Business may have team members that travel, work remotely, or have schedules that seem to never be the same each week. G Suite is designed to make life easier on teams so that everyone can make the most of their time. Users are now able to integrate Google Calendar with ease. Team calendars can be viewed with the purpose of scheduling meetings (yes, that means fewer times hitting that “propose new time” button, provide event details, and collaborate to ensure each team member is able to schedule and manage events effectively.
4. Secure Your Gmail Account In a digital world, companies of every size are vulnerable to digital threats. Staff email, poor password storage, compromised devices, and more are issues that all businesses face. External and internal client data protection is more important than ever. Over the past few years, major companies such as Target, Capitol One, and Equifax have faced data breaches which have a negative ripple effect on not only financial and legal repercussions, but on citizens across the nation. The G Suite team has been constantly working to stay on the cutting edge of security needs for personal and professional users in order to protect every subscriber. G Suite launched a new security protocol for Gmail called MTA-STS which is now standard for all accounts. Additionally, G Suite developed malware and additional phishing protection for Gmail which is now in beta testing. Gmail Protection Standards Using MTA-STS Every industry can greatly benefit from G Suite’s new security protocol, MTA-STS which demands comprehensive authentication and encryption checks for emails in transit. This new standard requires additional layers of email security than ever before. Gmail Malware and Phishing Protection (In Beta) As email communication has eased my ability to efficiently portray information to various clients, send documents, and make sales, it has also made it easier for hackers to gain vulnerable information. Email phishing occurs when a hacker disguises an email to appear as a trusted source in order to obtain personal information such as logins, bank information, social security numbers, and more. These destructive emails may also pose threats by embedding malware into seemingly innocent hyperlinks within emails. In 2018, Gmail introduced various protective measures against email phishing and malware protection. The G Suite team continues to integrate additional protection features and policies to protect users and their clients.
5. Google Voice is now live for all users My team has experienced how technology has evolved how companies function each day, but business cycles stay the same. In order to generate revenue, sales teams need to generate, monitor, and close leads. With increased incoming and outgoing web traffic, it has been harder to companies to manage phone calls. With Google Voice with G Suite, companies are now able to utilize this web-based telecommunication service to facilitate communications that impact their bottom lines. Google Voice offers higher call quality, answering management, and diverse communication (such as SMS for customer relation management) than any traditional landline system ever could. Google Voice is now live and ready to enhance telecommunication management for companies across various industries.
Increase Your Productivity | Colorado Springs Business Solutions Part of our overall mission at Axis Business Technologies is to constantly support businesses throughout Colorado by promoting office solutions designed to increase performance at every level. Through direct support and education, there is nothing I love more than helping business owners and office managers succeed in El Paso County. If your team is ready to integrate a virtual office space, paperless office, or cloud-based document and storage system, then our expert staff is here to help. In addition to evolving with the digital world, I believe in providing state of the art technology that supports traditional business needs. I provide businesses throughout Colorado with copiers available for purchase, rent, or lease. At Axis Business Technologies, I will connect your business with printers, scanners, paper shredders, folders, and more in order to ensure your team can be as productive as possible. To get in touch with us, please fill out the contact form or request a quote on our website today to begin a conversation about business technology solutions in Colorado.
Matthew S. Kubiak, DSCE Axis Business Technologies